PRINCE2® 7th Edition Foundation
PRINCE2 was first launched in 1996 and has had six editions (before current release), PRINCE2 7th Edition seeks to respond to a number of changes that have taken place in the world and in the discipline of project management. These include the integration of people, sustainability , digital and data management.
The essence of what a project is remains the same - it is temporary, it is product-focused, and there should always be an ongoing business justification. PRINCE2 is a truly relevant and international project management standard.
This course includes the official textbook and online proctored exam voucher.
PRINCE2® is a trade mark of PeopleCert Limited, used under permission of PeopleCert Limited. All rights reserved.
One or a combination of the following:
- Business managers, to learn the language of projects
- Sponsors, who need to know what a project manager should be doing
- Project managers, who would be expected to continue to Practitioner
- Project support staff, co-ordinators and officers
- Team managers and members.
There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation course.
The objective of this course is for each participant to be able to:
- Understand all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology
- Know how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to defined quality requirements
- Effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project
- Integrate the PRINCE2 Principles and Themes into a project
- Establish a project organization with the appropriate stakeholders
- Apply planning processes that ensure alignment with project business case and quality requirements
- Manage the progress of a project using the appropriate control mechanisms
1. Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- Characteristics of project management
- Project and product life cycles
- History of PRINCE2
- Overview of methodology
- Project Management structure
- Benefits of PRINCE2
2. The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles, responsibility and relationships
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
3. The 7 Performance Targets of PRINCE2
4. The 7 Practices (formerly Themes) of PRINCE2
- Business Case
5. The Tailoring of PRINCE2