Access Data Analysis & Reporting
This course is designed for users of Microsoft Access that have completed our Access Essential Skills course or have equivalent experience.
Our aim is to provide you with the skills necessary to analyse data and enhance reports.
It is important that you use your new skills as soon as possible on completion of this training course. We encourage you to take your own notes, and to review the Course Guide once you are back at your workplace.
This course in conjunction with Access: Essential Skills and Access: Creating Applications covers the material examined in the Microsoft Office Specialist Access Core exam.
Current users of Microsoft Access that have completed our Access Essential Skills course or have equivalent experience and want to analyse data and enhance reports.
We require that students have either:
- Completed Access Essential Skills and practised recently with topics covered in this stage
- Have equivalent experience using Access and a sound familiarity with other Microsoft packages, particularly Excel.
This course takes you from using Queries for answering simple questions about records, to advanced statistical analysis of records. This course is for the analyst who uses Access and Excel regularly, but finds too much of their time spent getting data to Excel for analysis when Access can do it, if only they knew how.
- Revising the Essential Skills
- Extending the Essential Skills
- Crosstab Query
- Make Table Query
- Append and Delete Queries
- Update Query
- Functions in Query Calculations
- Join Types
- Enhancing Access Reports
- Main/Sub Report