MD-100: Windows Client
This course and certification retires 30 September 2023 - Refer to MD102.
In this course, students will learn how to
support the installation and configuration tasks associated with Windows 10.
Students will develop skills that include learning how to install and customize
Windows 10 operating systems, managing storage, files, drivers, and
printers as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10.
Students will learn how to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. You will also learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows 10. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control and proactive and troubleshooting methodology, and how to identify and mitigate common issues.
Candidates for this course are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Prepare to install Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Perform post-installation configuration tasks.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure network settings in Windows.
- Configure remote management of Windows.
- Configure and manage applications in Windows.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines.
Module 1: Installing Windows
Module 2: Updating Windows
Module 3: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
Day 2 & 3:
Module 1: Configuring Peripherals and Drivers
Module 2: Configuring Networking
Module 3: Configuring Storage
Module 4: Managing Apps in Windows 10
Module 1: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
Module 2: Configuring Data Access and Usage
Module 3: Configuring Advanced Management Tools
Module 4: Hands-On Lab
Module 1: Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
Module 2: Troubleshooting the Windows OS
Module 3: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
Module 4: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
Module 5: Course Conclusion